Grilled Pork Chops are a summer staple at our house so is grilled corn. We look forward to when we get to have fresh corn on the cob during summer and our favorite way to prepare them is to grill and season with chile lime salt and butter. I also got to try out Grill Daddy’s new grill cleaning tool which cleans the grill with steam. Thank you to Grill Daddy for sending me one to review.
I find this world becoming smaller and smaller the older I get. I was looking through my emails and saw a PR pitch from a gal I knew from back in my fitness competing days. I had forgotten she was in PR so it was a nice surprise to see the email from her. Her email was about the Grill Daddy steam cleaning grill brush, and since we grill a ton, I figured why not try it out and help share about the product she is representing? I am all about helping out friends with their business endeavors when I can.
The Grill Daddy works with steam to clean the grill. Normally we use our grill brush to brush off the grates after they have been heated before we cook. The Grill Daddy takes it to a new level with steam cleaning so the grates are even cleaner and sanitized. We preheated the grill, cleaned with the Grill Daddy, grilled our food then cleaned again. As you can see. Our grill needed it. Badly.
Almost embarrassed to share this pic. But it just means we use our Stok grill a lot. The Grill Daddy will be getting a lot of use now to help scrub this grill back to shiny and new-ish looking.
To go along with the Grill Daddy review, I decided to make one our favorite and simple summertime meals, grilled pork chops with grilled chile lime corn. So simple to prepare and so delicious. Season the pork chops on both sides. and you can either put the corn on the grill as is or cut the ends off to make removing the husks a little easier once grilled.
I know it’s hard to tell, but our grill was significantly cleaner once we started grilling. I feel like I should be grill shamed for having such a dirty grill. Good thing we have the Grill Daddy now. As you can see here we cut the ends off the corn. We found that this makes it easier to remove the husks once the corn is grilled.
Perfectly grilled pork chops. My husband is the grilling master when it comes to pork chops so he did the cooking while I took the photos. We make a great team I tell ya.
Pork chops resting while the corn is finishing up grilling. I unfortunately forgot to take a photo of the corn right as it was done grilling before we removed the husks. But I did get a snap of the grill after we cleaned it with the Grill Daddy post grilling.
With as bad off as our grill is, you can see how much cleaner it got. I love that this uses steam and no chemicals. I like that the brush heads are removable, replaceable and dishwasher safe. Our other grill brushes we have had haven’t been and we basically used them until they fell apart and had to buy an entire new brush. Kind of a waste. So to say I am thrilled to own this brush is an understatement. It really is a fantastic product and we will be using it every time we grill from here on out.
A little about this recipe for the grilled pork chops and corn. This is a typical summer meal at our house. Light, healthy and delicious. The pork chops are lightly seasoned and then grilled. The corn is buttered and seasoned after grilling and we often add a side salad of whatever we have on hand, this time being cucumbers and grape tomatoes. I keep the salad light by tossing in a little rice vinegar. Garnish the corn with some chopped cilantro and its a perfect summertime meal.
Grilled Pork Chops with Grilled Chile Lime Corn
Grilled Pork Chops with Grilled Chile Lime Corn www.pineappleandcoconut.com Makes 2 servings
For the Pork Chops
- 2 Bone in pork chops, about 8 ounces each
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
For the Corn
- 2 ears of corn, ends trimmed, husks left on
- Chile Lime seasoning **
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Mix the spices together in a bowl for the pork chops.
- Season the pork chops on both sides with the seasoning mixture.
- Steam clean preheated grill with grill daddy grilling brush
- Place pork chops and corn on grill.
- Cook the pork chops for 4-5 minutes a side, flipping once. Watch for fire underneath the fattier parts of the pork chops and have a water bottle near by to spray flames if necessary to keep the pork chops from burning
- Rotate the corn around so it gets evenly charred on all sides. You can place the corn on the grill before the pork chops since they take longer to cook.
- Let the pork chops rest while the corn continues to grill. Remove the husks from the corn and place back on the grill for another minute or two to char the kernels if desired. Remove from grill and spread butter over one side then sprinkle with Chile Lime salt and some chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately. Goes great with a light veggie salad and cold beer.
Thank you again to Grill Daddy for sending me their steam brush to review. Check out the Grill Daddy website for the different grill brushes and grilling items they have. As always, opinions are my own.