(Giveaway is now closed)
“Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the ‘mallow. When the ‘mallows flaming… you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! Try some!” – Ham Porter, “The Sandlot”
These are INSANELY decadent. Pina Colada S’mores. So I really wanted to wait until May 1st to post these because I have been planning on making May ” Pineapple and Coconut Month” since it is my birthday month so why not have lots of fun recipes to honor my blog name? But this AMAZING opportunity came up for a HUGE giveaway and I knew I wanted to include this recipe with it
I am known in my small circle of friends for my homemade marshmallows. I have been making them for years and years. It started after I had a homemade marshmallow at a coffee shop in Portland, Oregon where I used to live and I have never bought a package of them since. SO easy to make and, like a billion times better. So fluffy and GOOD.
The one thing that makes making these SO easy and quick to make is my beloved Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Whenever I see people pose the question, ” What is the one small kitchen appliance you can’t live without?” The answers are almost always “My Kitchen Aid stand mixer”
I have this color. The brushed nickel. My first mixer was actually my mom’s and it was a wedding gift. These mixers are BEASTS! They last forever and ever. And when my mom gave me a new one for my birthday a few years ago, I gave her old one to a friend of mine who still uses it!! Now these mixers come in just about every color imaginable!! I really want an aqua one, it will match my new kitchen. So what do my Pina Colada S’mores and a Kitchen Aid have in common? Besides the fact that I use my mixer to make them?? Welll I will tell you. I have teamed up with a group of FABULOUS and amazing bloggers…
To giveaway a….
Lots of ways to enter to win!! If you win, what would you make with your Kitchen Aid Mixer??
a Rafflecopter giveaway
So what are you waiting for?? Enter!!! Oh and the recipe for the Pina Colada S’mores is after the jump. If you win you must try making homemade marshmallows with your new mixer!! And let me know how they turned out!!
- For the Marshmallows:
- 2 packets gelatin
- 8 tbsp cold water
- 2 cups organic evaporated cane juice/sugar (I use Zulka)
- ½ c cold 100% organic pineapple juice
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp pineapple extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- Pinch salt
- ¾ c Unsweetened, finely shredded coconut flakes
- ½ c Powdered sugar
- Oil spray ( mild flavored, grapeseed or sunflower)
- For the S’mores:
- Graham crackers, split in half
- Lindt white chocolate coconut bars, separated into squares
- For the Marshmallows:
- In a small bowl, pour the 8 tbsp cold water in and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let sit 5 min or until bloomed
- Combine the powdered sugar and coconut flakes in a bowl.
- Prepare an 8X8 pan with oil spray and sprinkle over half of the mixture of powdered sugar and coconut on the bottom of the pan, reserving the rest for the top.
- In a sauce pan combine the sugar, the pineapple juice, honey and pinch salt and stir 3-4 minutes until well dissolved and starting to bubble. Add in the gelatin and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil for one minute then pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer and let cool 10 min. Using the whisk attatchment, slowly raise the speed until it’s a full speed and whip for 14 min. Add in the extracts and whip one minute more. Quickly spread the marshmallow mixture in the prepared pan, using a wet spatula to spread it out evenly. It will be sticky. Sprinkle the remaining powdered sugar coconut mixture on top of the marshmallows. Loosely cover with foil and let dry out at least 4 hours to overnight.
- When dry cut into squares and roll the squares in the pan to coat all sides with the coconut and powdered sugar. Keep in an airtight container up to one week.
- To make the s’mores:
- Place one square of chocolate on one half of the graham, place a marshmallow on top and broil watching carefully. Once marshmallow has reached desired meltyness, place another chocolate square on top, then the other graham and serve immediately. Alternately, stick a marshmallow on the end of a fork or skewer and partially melt over open flame.
Mmmmmm. S’mores are so ooey gooey and good!!