Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hi Hat Cupcakes are one of my favorite cupcakes to make and eat! My kids love helping me make them too. This version is gluten free.
One of the first things that comes to mind when I hear the words ” Valentine’s day” uttered is chocolate covered strawberries. It is the quintessential Valentines day treat and I took it one, okay like three, steps further with my chocolate dipped strawberry hi hat cupcakes.
Its February. Its valentines month. Its chocolate and candy month. I was SO good last month making healthy recipes like my Wintertime Ceviche, Easy Shredded Chicken Tacos and my Roasted Carrot and Butternut Squash Soup. January was a healthy month. February is starting off with chocolate covered strawberry decadence.
Oh and better yet? Besides my recipe for Valentines day – there are 13 other insanely amazing treats from your favorite bloggers besides myself of course, because its Holiday Food Party time!!!
Check out all these amazing treats! We make Valentines look ( and taste) gooooood.
1. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hi Hat Cupcakes (Gluten Free) from Pineapple and Coconut
2. Frosted Cream Cheese Cutout Cookies from Magnolia Days
3. White Chocolate Mousse with Frangelico from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
4. Chocolate Caramel Pretzel ‘n Chip Tart from Gotta Get Baked
5. White Chocolate Cherry Brownies from The Messy Baker
6. Chocolate Champagne Cupcakes from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
7. Sugar-Free Blueberry Yogurt Truffles from What Smells So Good
8. Strawberry Cheesecake Heart Pie from Hungry Couple NYC
9. Red Velvet Heart Sandwich Cookies from Jen’s Favorite Cookies
10. Chocolate Cannoli Cones from Created By Diane
11. Cherry Cheesecake Stuffed Cupcakes from Chocolate Moosey
12. Nutella Brownie Cheesecake No-Churn Ice Cream from Cupcakes and Kale Chips
13. Valentines Smores Hearts from Kelly Bakes
14. Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies from Roxana’s Home Baking
The strawberry. So perfect and sweet. My kids eat them by the handful, I once picked 18lbs of them at a U-Pick farm and I made a ton of strawberry jam out of it. Well, sort of, one batch burnt. I didn’t stir it enough. Oops
I actually made a version of these a few years ago. I made a dark chocolate cupcakes with a strawberry Italian meringue buttercream. I had a few mishaps with the frosting falling off the cupcake when I held it upside down to dip in the chocolate. So this year I decided to do a variation of traditional hi-hat cupcake frosting, seven minute frosting, and I am glad I did. Perfect for these cupcakes. I wanted to do a cool dipping the cupcake shot but I was afraid to hold the cupcakes upside down for too long, plus I am not coordinated enough to hold the cupcake, focus the camera, and take a picture while dipping the cupcake. So I employed my 5 year old to help me. Payment = a cupcake.
Such a good helper. She loves helping me. Especially when cupcakes are involved. And chocolate covered strawberries.
I love hi-hat cupcakes. Think yummy cupcake crossed with a chocolate dipped ice cream cone. Oh and that surprise ganache filling? Amazing.
For the cupcakes
For the ganachen filling
For the Frosting
For the chocolate coating
Make the ganache
Make the cupcakes
Make the frosting
Chocolate covered strawberry goodness in cupcake form. Happy Valentine’s Day!