Holiday Spiced Cranberry Margaritas are my second recipe contribution to Christmas week. I am a huge cranberry fan and they make most excellent margaritas and the addition of a spiced cranberry simple syrup makes them a sure to be a hit at any holiday cocktail party this season! Or maybe just to sip on while at home and wrapping presents.
So festive and sparkly!!
When I first saw the details about Kim and Jen’s Christmas Week 2.0 I was so excited to sign up. At first their rules were going to be just baked items only or at least part of the item had to be made in an oven. Then they decided to expand the recipe selection a little more to allow other fun Christmas themed recipes such as cocktails. So I knew I wanted to share this margarita I had been thinking about for a while now. There is another reason behind these Holiday Spiced Cranberry Margaritas besides Christmas week and the fun giveaways.
If you remember the Very Pink Raspberry Cosmopolitan I made last year in honor of my friend Barb and her daughter who had been recently diagnosed with breast cancer, I have some amazing news. Lauren is cancer free!!! Totally incredible, right? Barb has kept us all updated on how her daughter was doing through her treatments, hair loss and her final check up to let her know she kicked cancers ass. I know how scared Barb and Lauren both were the day of diagnosis and I know how incredibly thrilled they both are that the cancer has hit the road. I knew this would call for another cocktail in honor of Lauren. Barb is one of my blogging friends that is known for her Friday cocktails on her awesome blog, Creative Culinary, and when I was planning this post I told her I had a Friday cocktail planned and we should post together today. Check out Barb’s cocktail for today HERE. And congrats again Lauren – so thrilled for you!! The next virtual cocktail I will have for Barb is when she finally gets to move into her new house, which I hope is sooner than later!!
For the Margaritas
For the Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup
For the simple syrup
For the Margaritas
Visit all the other Christmas Week Peeps for more Holiday Baking Goodness:
- Peanut Butter Cup Fudge by Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Peppermint Mocha Tart by See Aimee Cook
- Peanut Brittle by Noshing With The Nolands
- Holiday Spiced Cranberry Margaritas by Pineapple and Coconut
- Turtle Bark by The Girl In The little Red Kitchen
- Peppermint Stick Ice Cream Sauce by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Mexican Spiced Hot Chocolate by My Catholic Kitchen
- Pomegranate-Ginger Champagne Cocktail by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Kletzenbrot – Christmas Fruit Bread from Tyrol by Masala Herb
- Spiked Butterscotch Hot Chocolate by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Frozen Mint Cookie Pie by The Messy Baker
- Stuffed Nut Roll Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Irish Cream Tiramisu by Cooking In Stilettos
- Lemon Sandwich Cookies by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Orange Creamsicle Fudge by Home Cooking Memories
- Stained Glass Window Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Eggnog and Cranberry Thumbprints by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter