Tropical Pina Colada S'mores. Like regular smores. But tropical.
"Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! Try some!" - Ham Porter, "The Sandlot"
These are INSANELY decadent. Pina Colada S'mores. So I really wanted to wait until May 1st to post these because I have been planning on making May " Pineapple and Coconut Month" since it is my birthday month so why not have lots of fun recipes to honor my blog name? But this AMAZING opportunity came up for a HUGE giveaway and I knew I wanted to include this recipe with it
I am known in my small circle of friends for my homemade marshmallows. I have been making them for years and years. It started after I had a homemade marshmallow at a coffee shop in Portland, Oregon where I used to live and I have never bought a package of them since. SO easy to make and, like a billion times better. So fluffy and GOOD.
- For the Marshmallows:
- 2 packets gelatin
- 8 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups organic evaporated cane juice/sugar (I use Zulka
- ½ c cold 100% organic pineapple juice
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pineapple extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Pinch salt
- ¾ c Unsweetened, finely shredded coconut flakes
- ½ c Powdered sugar
- Oil spray ( mild flavored, grapeseed or sunflower)
- For the S’mores:
- Graham crackers, split in half
- Lindt white chocolate coconut bars, separated into squares
Mmmmmm. S'mores are so ooey gooey and good!!