Giveaway is now closed
I scream, you scream, we all scream for.. sorbet?
Its summer time now and the days are HOT here in Vegas. We love it, and treats like this pina colada sorbet help keep us cool. I try to mix things up with the frozen treats I make. Such as more decadent homemade ice cream like my , espresso ice cream, or in popsicle form like my Mexican Paletas. We make homemade frozen treats at least once a week
I never made homemade ice creams or sorbet’s until I got my Kitchen Aid mixer a couple years ago that came with the ice cream maker attachment with it free. Which was SO awesome because it wasn’t one of my must-have-must-buy items, but I use it ALL THE TIME!!
At first I was a little intimidated to use it, so I asked my friend Steph about recipes since she has one and makes ice cream often and had a ton of recipes to share
I think my first batch I made was a basic vanilla bean. Making the custard was easy, chill, pour into the mixer, churn, freeze. I was probably more excited about making it than I should have been. Especially since I am not that big of an ice cream fan. Unless its coffee or salted caramel flavored. And after my first bite of homemade – I vowed never ever to buy a carton from the store ever again. Homemade is a billion times better than store bought. No exaggeration.
So it comes to no surprise to any of you that this sorbet is pina colada in nature. I actually didn’t have this recipe planned at all. Until like 4 days ago.
Remember the Kitchen Aid mixer giveaway not that long ago? Well the same group of ladies and I decided to do another giveaway this time and we wanted to giveaway a kitchen aid ice cream maker attachment. And I decided this post needed a new recipe to go with it, so I made the sorbet.
But then we got to talking and what IF not everyone has a kitchen aid but still wants to enter to win an ice cream maker. So then we thought about giving away an ice cream maker such as this Cuisinart one
But then that would alienate the kitchen aid mixer owners. So we settled on $100 cash to Amazon for an ice cream maker of your choice!!!!
So now you can make recipes like my pina colada sorbet, or homemade ice cream or frozen yogurt!
- 2½ cups organic full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, divided.
- ½ c pineapple juice (reserved from crushed pineapple or organic juice from a bottle)
- ¼ honey or simple syrup
- ½ c shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp coconut rum (optional)
- In a saucepan over low heat combine the coconut milk and honey or simple syrup and stir until heated. Turn off heat and let cool
- In a blender combine the coconut milk mixture, 1 cup of the crushed pineapple and pineapple juice and blend until smooth. Place in a container and stir in the remaining crushed pineapple and coconut. Chill well, at least 4 hours.
- Freeze the mixture in your ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions. When it is almost done pour in the rum. The rum is optional but it will help keep the sorbet from freezing rock solid.
- Freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Here is the group of ladies I am doing this giveaway with. They are all so awesome and run amazing blogs, stop by and say hi – just click on their blog name to jump to their blogs