Chocolate Frosted Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries
It is that time of year again! Galentine’s Day!! From Parks And Recreation: ” What’s Galentine’s Day? Oh, it’s only the best day of the year. Every February 13th, Leslie Knope and her lady friends leave their husbands and their boyfriends at home and just kick it breakfast style. Ladies celebrating ladies. It’s like Lilith Fair, minus the angst. Plus, frittatas! ” Or in this case Chocolate Frosted Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries!!
This is the third year a group of us lady blogger friends have gotten together to bring sweet treats for you all in honor of Galentine’s Day. Last year I made a fun tropical bourbon cocktail, two years ago a chocolate strawberry martini. This year I went with the chocolate strawberry theme again but in the form of frosted fudgy brownies.
I am not the biggest fan of chocolate, but I make an exception for brownies. Especially fudgy brownies. Some people prefer the more cake like, I love the dense, ooey-gooey fudgy kind.
I am spending this Galentine’s day with my two fave gals, my daughters. They have been my Galentine’s date for quite some time now and they are at the ages where they can help me in the kitchen especially with baking. So when I say ” hey girls want to bake brownies? ( Or cookies, or cupcakes or whatever) they are all about it. They are best taste testers as well as kitchen assistants. Who can blame them for wanting to help when things like brownies are payment?
I made this batch of brownies a small-ish batch ( in a 9×9 pan) since I was planning on frosting them, a small square is plenty without being too overly rich and sweet. And each square of fudgy brownie gets a heart shaped strawberry. Perfect for Galentine’s day. Or Valentine’s day. Or any day, really.
For the Frosting:
Check out all the other delicious Galentine’s Day treats from my gal pal bloggers:
- Caramel Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hula Pie from Heather’s Dish
- Red Velvet Donuts from Blahnik Baker
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Pancakes from NeighborFood
- Pecan Sticky Buns from The Cooking Actress
- Gin Lime Coconut Truffles from Food Lust People Love
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies from Wallflour Girl
- Lavender Ice Cream from NinjaBaker
- Three Ingredient Valentine’s Day M&M Fudge from Big Bear’s Wife
- Smores Waffle Sticks from A Cookie Named Desire
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Chocolate Frosted Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries from Pineapple and Coconut
- Nutella Layer Cake from gotta get baked
Happy Galentine’s Day and don’t forget to TREAT YO SELF today with my Chocolate Frosted Fudgy Brownies with Strawberries!!