Vanilla Honey Ginger Mojito Champagne Cocktails. My fun take on a cocktail mashup for New Year's eve.
I think I blinked and Christmas was over. Maybe I blinked twice. It is always amazing to me how busy the holiday season is leading up to the big day and then BAM its all over. The mess is still there though. I might have to clean it up eventually. For now I am avoiding that half of my house. Ostrich head in the sand theory.
One of the things I enjoy about Christmas is all day mimosa and champagne cocktail sipping. I have been having a blast creating champagne cocktails this month for World Market and myself and these mojito champagne cocktails are sure to be a hit! They have such an amazing selection for New Year's food and drinks and Entertaining Essentials that when I shopped for items for my recipes one of the sales clerks commented that I must be planning quite the party. Ummm no party. I just really like all the STUFF!! I have one more cocktail to share before New Year's eve too. It's a good one!!
I have really grown to love mojitos, so much that I am planting mint in my garden next year. I like to use a little less mint in mojitos than what they normally call for because I like the mint, but I don't LOVE it. Just a little works for me. So I used just a little in these mojito champagne cocktails. Instead of the usual muddle lime and sugar with the mint, I added in Barsmith Lime syrup, Honey Ginger Syrup and some vanilla extract. I then muddled one mint leaf in each glass. My cocktail muddler actually didn't fit in these glasses so I used my extra long cocktail spoon to slightly muddle the leaves.
Like the Old Fashioned Champagne Cocktails I made, I didn't serve these on ice either but I chilled the alcohol with ice to keep the cocktail cold.
Topped off with prosecco ( I used La Marca) and a quick stir, garnish with more mint and a lime wedge and you have yourself vanilla honey ginger mojito champagne cocktails!
Simple yet so delicious. I love the idea of a classic cocktail made into a champagne cocktail like this version of a mojito cocktail. The honey ginger syrup would be good in so many other cocktails and the lime syrup is great as well. If you want more lime flavor squeeze a little fresh lime into the drinks as well as using the syrup.
Vanilla Honey Ginger Mojito Champagne Cocktails
- Fresh Mint
- 4 teaspoon Barsmith Mix Lime Simple Syrup
- 4 teaspoon Barsmith Mix Honey Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Silver or White Rum
- Prosecco or a dry Brut champagne
- Lime wedges
Additional Items needed:
- 4 tall champagne flutes
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail stirrer
- Place one large mint leave into each champagne flute. Ddd in one teaspoon of the lime syrup, one teaspoon of the honey ginger syrup and a ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract into each flute, then muddle lightly with a muddler or spoon.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker and add the rum. Shake until well chilled then divide amongst the glasses. Top with prosecco or any dry brut champagne, garnish with more mint leaves and a lime wedge. Serve immediately.
Cheers and have a wonderful New Year's Eve!