Cinnamon Dolce Oatmeal Cookies. Like the fancy coffee drink from Starbucks, but in cookie form.
One thing I love about oatmeal cookies is how versatile they are. You can make them into almost any flavor cookie with what you add in. These cookies have cinnamon chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips and coffee grounds. Like a cinnamon dolce mocha from Starbucks.
Coffee grounds in cookie?!? So all over that. I love coffee anything and I have used espresso powder in cookies and baked goods before but never coffee grounds. It takes these cookies to a whole new level of awesomeness.
See those little black flecks? That’s the coffee grounds. At first you may think that they would make the cookies have a gritty texture but that isn’t the case at all, just gives them a nice hint of coffee. I am seriously adding coffee grounds into cookies from now on. Well, not ALL, cookies, but most.
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp finely ground coffee (not instant, and not espresso powder)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ c cinnamon chips