Liquid Ghost Halloween Cocktail- a delicious vanilla coconut cocktail perfect for an adults only Halloween party.
I totally believe in ghosts. I LOVE haunted houses ( not the crazy ones that are mean the scare the poop out of people just at Halloween) but real deal haunted. Like The Stanley Hotel - stayed there. The Hotel Del Coronado - been there during the day, its supposedly way haunted, The Queen Mary - been there when I was younger.
There are so many lists of the top haunted places in America and I would love to see them all. Now that we live in Nevada, there are a ton of new places I have added to my list since Nevada is famous for ghost towns and haunted hotels.
I have been to a few of the places on that list. The Stanley Hotel was one of the creepier places I have been. It is in Estes Park, Colorado and it is where Stephen King got his inspiration for the novel, The Shining. There is a grand piano in a room off of the main grand entry way that will randomly play music and it is not a player piano. It's so super creepy when you get to witness it.
Then there is Timberline Lodge, in Oregon, which I have also been to that was used for some of the outside scenes for The Shining. It just looks scary from the outside, but inside it is a really neat ski lodge.
What ingredients are in this Liquid Ghost Halloween Cocktail?
- Coconut Rum - Coconut Vodka would also work
- Creme de Cacao - the white kind
- Vanilla simple syrup - recipe in notes, make ahead of time
- Heavy cream - can go non-dairy if you like with an alternative milk - coconut milk would be great.
What is great for settling nerves from being scared by ghosts? Why this liquid ghost halloween cocktail of course!
This is a really simple cocktail that can be easily multiplied into a punchbowl worth of cocktails for a fun halloween party. Don't forget the spiderwebs, skeletons and fog machine for extra creepy special effects for a Halloween table scape.
You can serve this halloween cocktail neat or on ice if you like, I prefer this one without ice. Dry ice would make for an even creepier effect. Just make sure you get food grade dry ice.
Some more fun Halloween Cocktail ideas:
- 4 ounces coconut rum ( or vodka - I prefer Koloa coconut or Ciroc Coconut Vodka)
- 3 ounces white Creme de Cacao
- 2 teaspoon vanilla simple syrup (see notes)
- 3 ounces heavy cream ( or half and half) ( could also do coconut milk for a non-dairy version)
- For the vanilla simple syrup:
- Combine 1 cup water with 1 cups sugar in a saucepan and bring to a simmer stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 min. Let cool in pan. Add in 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and then transfer to a resealable glass jar. Chill completely until ready to use. Make this ahead of time so it is ready to go for the cocktails.
- This recipe can easily be made into a large batch for a party. Keep it chilled until ready to serve.
Cheers and have a happy and creepy Halloween!!